The next Okemo Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce’s (OVRCC) Business After Hours Mixer is scheduled for Wednesday evening, January 29, 2020 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at the Viking Nordic Center located at 615 Little Pond Road in Londonderry. Viking Nordic Center will be hosting this first chamber event of the new year co-sponsored with the new Londonderry Village Market.
This is a chamber “Member-Only” event. This event is also open to potential chamber members (as a guest of a current chamber member) interested in learning more about the Viking Nordic Center, the chamber and supporting the Okemo Valley business community. PLEASE RSVP HERE: https://yourplaceinvermont.com/viking-nordic-center-hosts-chamber-mixer-outing/.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to ski or snowshoe under the lights, and experience the magic of a favorite section trail lit only by lanterns, affectionately called The Tunnel of Love. Equipment is available at no cost and chamber members are encouraged to bring along their families. Refreshments will be provided and attendees will also have a chance to win a fabulous raffle prize!
Viking Nordic Center provides a fun, relaxed atmosphere embracing all types & ages of skiers, from those going out for an easy tour to those training for a race. It is an especially great place to learn all about cross-country skiing! They operate a 30 km trail system featuring a mix of terrain, including 26 km of ski trails for both classic & skate ski techniques as well as snowshoeing and 4 km of dedicated snowshoe-only trails. For a unique winter experience, Viking Nordic also has special nights when they light 3 km of trails, including a gorgeous section lit by gas lanterns which chamber members will have a chance to enjoy at this gathering.Some of the offerings at Viking Nordic Center include:
– a cafe that makes wonderful soups, chili, grilled cheese sandwiches, and tasty treats
– a full service rental & retail shop, including kid-sized gear and ski pulks (sleds)
– private, group, and family lessons
– a clubhouse that can be privately reserved
– night ski trails that can be rented for races, parties, & corporate gatherings
– two on-site rental properties available any time of the year, including a farmhouse that sleeps 10, and an apartment that sleeps 8